Mom of 3 girls takes you on her inspirational journey to live life to the fullest for 365 days prior to her 40th birthday...and invites you to take the pledge to live your best life!

Monday, October 10, 2011

Days 68-71, My boyfriend's name is Mac...

This may come as a surprise to many of you, but for the past three years, I've been in a pretty heavy relationship outside of my marriage.  It all started a few years ago, when my husband introduced us.  I immediately knew that this one going to be tough.  It really was love at first sight.  When I wasn't spending time with my family, I was spending every extra moment with Mac.   My close friends called it an obsession and I had a tremendous amount of guilt...and worst of all for me is that my husband introduced us.  This introduction turned out to be the best gift that I've ever been given.  Many nights, I fell asleep thinking about Mac and often times woke up in the middle of the night to be with him.  Sometimes, I'd even find a private place in the house to pick his brain.  He brings out the best in me and always challenges me to learn more and do more.  He's not satisfied with complacency;  instead, he's always changing, always striving to be the best and always teaching me to get the most out of life.  So today, I decided to pay tribute to one of his parents for creating him!  Thank you Steve Jobs!

Thousands of post-it notes on the window of the Apple Store on
Michigan Avenue
Since that faithful day a few years ago, Apple has become a huge part of my family's lives...two macbooks, an iMac, five iPods, four iPhones and two iPads.  We love this company!  So you can see why I hate that it has taken Steve Jobs' death for me to sit down and write this note–because I really do believe in giving people their flowers while they are living.  As it is, however, that opportunity has passed and I hope that my blog today will inspire someone to give those flowers while that deserving person is still living...

My desk as I write this blog...


My family spent the weekend in Chicago, visiting family and just relaxing.  We stayed at a hotel behind the Water Tower and spent a lot of time on Michigan Avenue.  As we walked past the Apple store, what I saw was absolutely breathtaking.... hundreds of people had gathered to pay tribute to a man who made much more than the "ding in the universe" he often spoke of making.   Thank you Steve Jobs for changing so many of our lives and thanks to my husband for such a wonderful introduction:)!

I leave you today with a thought-provoking question that Steve Jobs' posed during a Stanford University commencement speech in 2005:

"When I was 17, I read a quote that went something like: "If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right." It made an impression on me, and since then, for the past 33 years, I have looked in the mirror every morning and asked myself: "If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?" And whenever the answer has been "No" for too many days in a row, I know I need to change something."

Change Something...

Looking forward to Day 72!







2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just finished reading this, you know, past the affair part. It's really inspiring once you stop tryna be nosy - and figure out who the heck you had an affair with. Very tricky. Very good! :)

livingoutloud said...

Thanks, Deshong! I thought I'd try something different--not perfected, but looking for ways to grow in my writing...