Mom of 3 girls takes you on her inspirational journey to live life to the fullest for 365 days prior to her 40th birthday...and invites you to take the pledge to live your best life!

Sunday, December 25, 2011

Days 94-97, One thing I love

I wrote this post on the day our shipment headed to Belgium, but couldn't finish it because all of my pictures were on my computer! At last, my computer has made it's way to our home in Belgium and yesterday, we were able to power it up for the first time!  Don't ask!  I forgot to bring a three-prong adapter to plug the computer into an adapter...

Anyway, his post was hard to write because it's about my baby girl!  It was her first birthday on the day that our shipment headed to Belgium...and keeping with tradition, I thought long and hard about the one thing I love about Ila!   You can't imagine how difficult it is to write only one thing you love about your precious baby!  Well, I finally figured it out!

Although she's just a baby, I think I have some insight into her personality.  I was hesitant to write this because I have a strange feeling that my depiction of her will come back to haunt me.  Nonetheless, if there is anything I've learned, it's that the truth is what it is!   For this sweet girl, I have coined a new word - SPEISTY!!  That's right...let's look for it in the dictionary.  If Bootylicious can make it, why can't SPEISTY?

How do I define SPEISTY?  Spunky, feisty and full of personality!  It's amazing how two people can have three kids and they all be so very different.  My oldest is more quiet and reserved.  My middle one is sociable and outgoing and my little one – no better word to describe her than SPEISTY!  She knows what she wants and although most of us can't understand her words yet, we somehow come away from various situations knowing exactly what she wants.

I don't imagine there will be much that can hold her back...Take a look at the spunk, personality and feistiness.  A picture is worth a thousand words!












4 comments:

Cathy Edwards said...

Ericka, I love the word you created for Miss Ila! What a pleasure to see her grow during her first year, thank you!

livingoutloud said...

Thanks Cathy! I'll keep you posted during her second year!:)

Tobia773 said...

Hey Ericka! I agree your new word for Ila is great! Look at all of that personality at only 1 year old! You go Ms. Ila! Wishing your family a very happy holiday! Take care Ericka!

Anita said...

What a perfect word for little miss Ila! Miss that sweet baby doll face!