Mom of 3 girls takes you on her inspirational journey to live life to the fullest for 365 days prior to her 40th birthday...and invites you to take the pledge to live your best life!

Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Days 36-37, The Peeing Boy!

Why is this little peeing boy everywhere in Brussels?

Can't visit Belgium with having Waffles!
 Welcome to Belgium!

Whenever, I travel to a place I've never been, I am always humbled.  I've traveled to a lot of places, but there is something about seeing a country for the first time, that opens my mind in an amazing way!   I  realize just how small I am and how big the world is.   I realize that life is about the life you know and the one you have yet to discover...I dream for my daughters that they will be great linguists and that they will have a natural desire to want to explore the world.
Dwight's still on another time zone!:)





I can remember growing up and not knowing about other parts of the world because my family didn't have the resources to travel many places by plane.   As I grew older and my mother began to introduce me to more things and places, I knew that my life wouldn't be complete without seeing as much of the world as I could.  While we were in Europe, my daughters had so many questions.  What language do they speak?  What do the buildings look like?  Are there a lot of cafes?  What about the museums?

The National Drink–BEER! Hello Raspberry beer:)
Huge Beer Festival!



My heart feels good, knowing that my girls will want to see as much of the world as they can.  They see no limits and are always open to new cultures.  I firmly believe that the greatest gift I can give them besides God is the gift of languages.  With this gift, they can communicate with all types of people from all parts of the world.  So as I travel through Belgium, I am reminded that every person deserves to have a passport that tells a story!  I love to hear a good story...

2 comments:

The Outside Child said...

Awesome! I share your sentiment that international travel makes you see how big the world is and makes you thirst for more. What a blessing! Well done!

DwightG said...

what a fun trip. How many raspberry beers did you have again :-) Looking forward to many more trips to interesting places in the not too distant future