Mom of 3 girls takes you on her inspirational journey to live life to the fullest for 365 days prior to her 40th birthday...and invites you to take the pledge to live your best life!

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Day 85, Happy Birthday - 12 things I love about you!

12 Things I Love About You!  Happy Birthday, My Dear Child!


1.  You are more creative than anyone I know.  I love when you work with me on personalized gifts, projects, etc. because I know that the product will be awesome!  Your mind works in a way that is amazing and unique.  I can only dream of having the talents that you have!



2.  You're not a quitter!  I can remember last year when you were so sick at a gymnastics meet that you threw up between events and despite your coach's advice, you stayed and finished the meet.  You gave it your all and when you got home, you were too weak to even take your medals off...I admire you for seeing things through and being there to support your team.





















3.  You are growing into a lovely young lady.  You are proud of your African-American and Jamaican heritage.   You love who you are and as the years have gone by, I have enjoyed watching you blossom into the beautiful girl you are today.

Paying Tribute to Bob Marley!







 4.  You are a risk-taker!  You love traveling to new places and are eager to learn about new cultures.   You love learning about new places and approach each trip with curiosity and excitement!

Trip to Costa Rica  
Holding a Koala in Australia!

5.  You are fun and funny!  You make me laugh so hard sometimes.  I enjoy your sense of humor, even when I'm the subject of the jokes!




Loving my funny girl!

 6.  You are unique!  You don't mind marching to the beat a different drum!  You have your own style and know exactly what you like!  Even when I doubt you, you always come out looking like a million bucks!  Must be in the genes!


 7.  You are a good friend!  You don't have to have a lot of people around you, but you are good to your friends.  They respect you and love the sweet person that you are.

 8.  You are a wonderful big sister!  It's no surprise that both your sisters learned to say "Eh-Wo-Wa" before they could say "Ma-Ma!"


9.  You love our dog, Midnight!  You are so kind to him that when you are gone, he tries to sleep in your room or near your room– I'm sure to be close to you!
 10.  You are a great mentor to younger girls!  They all look up to you and want to be around you.  You are not annoyed by them; instead, you are just as happy being around them as they are being around you!

11.  You are a hard worker.  You pour your all into the things you love and it's such a joy to watch!





Putting on your first art exhibit!  So proud of you!
12.  You are my sunshine!  You brighten my day and I'm happy to be your mom.  Each day, your star shines a little bit brighter.  It has been such a joy to be your mother and to watch you grow.  I love you and look forward to many more wonderful years!

"Mom, stop embarrassing me!  Do we really have to take a picture at the Apple store?"
Me and "My Sunshine!"

My favorite painting that Enoa has painted.  She named this one "Sunshine!"  Ironically, that's what she is to me!  







 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a very lucky little girl to have such an awesome mom... What a lucky mama to have such an amazing daughter. You brought tears to my eyes with this post... This is what life is about!

-Dena

Anita said...

What a beautiful, touching tribute to your sweet birthday girl...priceless.

DeVo said...

Your Sunshine is truly a joy to be around... AND I love the wedges she has on!! Such a little lady...

livingoutloud said...

@Devo, you would say that. I didn't let her buy them...notice that we are at Von Maur:) She just tried them on...lol