Mom of 3 girls takes you on her inspirational journey to live life to the fullest for 365 days prior to her 40th birthday...and invites you to take the pledge to live your best life!

Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Days 86-90, When you take away all the stuff, who are we?

Enjoying Breakfast at our new kitchen table:)


This week has been humbling.  The movers came in and packed up everything we own except two suitcases each.  We each have one piece of luggage for clothes and another for anything else we may need to pick up before we leave.  Our things will take 4-6 weeks to arrive in Belgium, so we figured we'd give them a head-start, before we head out in a few weeks.  Meanwhile, we are left with two beds that we aren't taking, a piano, a table, an ottoman, two sofas and a tv.  We also have all of our kitchen appliances, as they will stay in the house.  That's it!  No extras!

Dining room with nothing to dine on...
I wasn't sure how we'd do it, but to be honest this has been a great week.  No one can go off to their own little corner of the house and get on the computer, watch tv, etc.  We have been forced to do everything as a family and it's not so bad!:)  The kids are playing with each other.  The dog is confused, but happy and I am enjoying a simple life free from stuff!  The only issue is that my computer is on the boat too; so for a few weeks, I'll be blogging just once or twice a week, when I can use a laptop.  I hope you all don't mind that my posts will be shorter and simpler, as this simple life is good for us right now.  Being without all of my earthly possessions has forced me to look at who I really am and I must say that although I love the life we live and the stuff we have, I do realize that we can live great, rich, meaningful lives with a fraction of the stuff.  Take away all our stuff and our house is still a home...
Funny video of the Girls finding new ways to entertain themselves!






**If you are having trouble posting to this blog, choose the "Name/URL"option and just enter your name.  A URL is optional.  You can also choose the "Anonymous" option and post anonymously or include your name at the end of the "anonymous" post.

1 comment:

DwightG said...

You make me want to be a better person...to live a better life that focuses on the things that matter - you and the girls. Thank you